[OmniOS-discuss] Including fix for 8680 into r151022ce or r151024?

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Mon Feb 26 15:35:28 UTC 2018

Hugh,

This fix has been included in the latest updates for r151022 & r151024
- see https://www.omniosce.org/article/releases-022ao-024q.html

Andy

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, Andy Fiddaman wrote:

; On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, Hugh McIntyre wrote:
;
; ; I am seeing the same TOC clock bug described in #8680 ("Time of Day clock
; ; error"), in my case on an older non-Ryzen AMD motherboard. although NTP seems
; ; to fix the clock, it's annoying that some files early in boot may get
; ; incorrect dates.
; ;
; ; This is on r151022ce although OmniOSCE github repository contains the fixed
; ; version of usr/src/uts/i86pc/io/todpc_subr.c, so I assume this will exist in
; ; bloody releases.
; ;
; ; Can I expect this will show up in r151022ce (LTS) or r151024 automatically
; ; after some soak time though, or can I request this?  It's not clear if the
; ; Gitter lobby or IRC is preferred for requests like this ...
;
;
; Hi Hugh,
;
; I'll have a look at this and see whether it can be backported. Either way
; we will be able to provide an installable hot-fix for you early next week.
;
; The process that we use is to pull in changes from illumos gate and from
; Joyent's illumos fork weekly and then assess the changes for back-port, so
; if this is already in our bloody branch then it will not automatically appear
; in older versions; it was presumably not selected.
;
; The Gitter lobby is preferred for general support requests but we're also
; around on IRC and check the mailing list from time to time. The core team
; is all in Europe so there can be some latency due to time difference.
;
; Regards,
;
; Andy
;
;
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123