[OmniOS-discuss] zfs receive - failed to create mountpoint

Lee Damon nomad at ee.washington.edu
Tue Sep 4 22:46:34 UTC 2018

I'm doing a fairly standard zfs send | ssh host zfs receive. At least, I
think it's fairly standard:

zfs send -R stor1/admin_homes at tobesent | ssh otherhost zfs receive -dv pool0

I believe permissions on the receiving host are correct:

---- Permissions on pool0 --------------------------------------------
Local+Descendent permissions:
         group other
create,mount,mountpoint,nbmand,quota,receive,refquota,refreservation,reservation,setuid,sharenfs,sharesmb

Everything transfers fine but at the end I get a bunch of:

cannot mount '/pool0/admin_homes': failed to create mountpoint
cannot mount '/pool0/admin_homes/subdir1: failed to create mountpoint
cannot mount '/pool0/admin_homes/subdir2': failed to create mountpoint

errors.

However, I can "sudo zfs mount -a" and everything mounts fine.

I can work around this by using using -dvu instead of -dv (so I don't
get the error) then manually mounting but I'm slightly annoyed I can't
get this to work "right". I suspect I'm missing a permission but I'm
swizzled if I can find it.

Any hints gratefully received.

nomad