[OmniOS-discuss] screnrc or terminfo/termcap definitions changed in 151026

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Wed Sep 12 21:05:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

"Andy Fiddaman" <omnios at citrus-it.net> írta 2018-09-11 22:16-kor:

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018, P?SZTOR Gy?rgy wrote:
> ; Can someone tell me, what changed in screenrc or termcap between 151022 and
> ; 151026?
>
> According to the release notes at https://omniosce.org/releasenotes
>
> o The /etc/screenrc file delivered by the screen package is now based on the
>   recommended global template as delivered by the authors; you may wish to check
>   that it still meets your needs. If you have previously customised this file
>   then it will not be updated but the new template file will be installed as
>   /etc/screenrc.new.

Ok, maybe It was not obvious from my e-mail: I used screen with default
settings. No local change were made originally.

> o screen is now linked against ncurses in order to support more terminal
>   types (e.g. iterm)

This may explain why screen broke. At least the way it exits and cleans the
screen. It still jumps back to the right upper corner, just leave the
garbage on your terminal.

Regards,
Gyu