[OmniOS-discuss] is it possible to run omnios inside a linux kvm virtual environment

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 09:05:07 EST 2012

hi,

The installation went ok, but omnios hangs on boot. I see the splash
image, but after 20 minutes nothing happens.

Can I see where it is hanging? In linux I can hit escape and see all
kernel messages during boot time but this is apparently not working
for me on this omnios stable virtual installation.

The kvm host is centos 6.3, this is a hp microserver n40l, granted,
not the most powerful cpu around, but so far I have been able to run
all the os I have tested (from linux to windows and freebsd).
--
Groeten,
natxo