[OmniOS-discuss] Trying to install perl5161

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Mon Dec 31 09:17:48 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Filip Francis <filip.francis at telenet.be>wrote:

> These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
> be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.
>

> does anybody know a way around this issue
> Thanks in advance and a very happy new year to all and To Omnios keep up
> the great work

That last message up there sums it up.

This is the system's perl runtime.  If you are building an app, I'd suggest
using non-system perl.

There is only one perl runtime, so perl 5.14.2 and perl 5.16.1 cannot be
installed at the same time.

Hope this clears things up.

Given the error message, it looks like you are trying upgrade from 151004
to 151005.  This is an upgrade, not an "install"

--

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle