[OmniOS-discuss] Installer Crashes While 'Probing for DeviceNodes'

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Thu Oct 4 18:54:14 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
> Is there an easy way to tell what version of upstream illumos-gate a given
> version of OmniOS is based on? When you guys sync up, do you pull in
> everything (so you could say OmniOS X is current as of illumos-gate commit
> Y, and know all commits prior to Y are included) or do you cherry pick which
> commits to pull in?

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way.  It might be possible to
include that in our /etc/release but I think that would require
tracking the illumos-gate IDs separately from illumos-omnios ones.
It's the latter that get encoded in various places (uname -v,
/etc/motd) depending on when they are built.

Eric