[OmniOS-discuss] pkg update and omnios repos

Paul Jochum paul.jochum at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Oct 17 08:16:44 EDT 2012

Hi All:

     Wanted to ask some questions on the OmniOS package repo:

1) As new stable OmniOS releases are published, are the new packages
added to the omnios repo, so that a pkg update command would update a
system to the latest stable release?

2) Is there some plan on when the omnios repo is updated?  For example,
are all of the changed packages installed simultaneously into the OmniOS
repo, or do they trickle in over a long time span?

3) Will there be announcements when the omnios repo is updated?

3) If I install the bloody release, can I add (or maybe it is already
added, I haven't tried it yet), the omnios repo?

4) Will there be a repo for bloody releases?

5) If I do image a system with the bloody release, and add the omnios
repo, and do a package update, (assuming I wait till the repo is updated
to something beyond what is already installed on my server), will the
update than put me back in the stable line, or will it be something else
(somewhere between stable and bloody?)

thanks in advance for the answers,

Paul