[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] Re: Irregularly scheduled SSD survey :)

Chris Nagele nagele at wildbit.com
Tue Apr 9 18:26:21 EDT 2013

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting the review. I am always curious about what everyone uses.

While they are older, I know that a lot of people still use the Intel
320s since it has power loss protection. I don't know much about the
S3700. We have used both DDRDrive and ZeusRAM and will never go back
to an SSD for zil.

For cache, we tend to use cheaper SSDs like Crucial M4. You just have
to keep an eye on firmware updates and degradation. We tried the
Samsung 830's but there is some issue with the ID where it can only
see one at a time. Not sure if that was fixed.

Chris