[OmniOS-discuss] Mellanox Infiniband 2x 10Gbps MHEL-CF128-TC

Valrhona valrhona at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:08:21 UTC 2013

Do you guys have preferred Intel 10 GbE NIC models for small
installations, that are on the cheaper side?

Also, if I just have a few workstations I need to connect to an NFS
server over 10 GbE, I was thinking of just getting a couple of
adapters and crossover cables, instead of going with a switch, just
for cost reasons. Does this make sense, and is there any downside?
Switches right now seem to be pretty expensive, and for just a couple
of workstations/servers, it seems like crossover cables might do just
as well. Thoughts?