[OmniOS-discuss] Mellanox Infiniband 2x 10Gbps MHEL-CF128-TC

Thibault VINCENT thibault.vincent at smartjog.com
Sun Aug 18 01:58:08 UTC 2013

> So you have these working on OmniOS without any issues? Did you have
> to install any particular drivers?

Yes, it works great out of the box. The only setting you can think of
with the ixgbe driver is to deactivate the interrupt throttling but
that's only interesting when receiving lots of packets per second (small
packets you won't see much on a storage with few clients, more likely
when doing routing or LB stuff).

Like I said we don't have a super long experience of X520 and OmniOS
but all lab tests were done with these adapters and servers have been
benchmarked for days on NFS and iSCSI load. It's satisfying and will
go into production.

--
Thibault VINCENT - Infrastructure Engineer
SmartJog | T: +33 1 5868 6238