[OmniOS-discuss] R720 reset magic?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sun Aug 18 08:48:16 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-18 01:15, Thibault VINCENT wrote:
>> Which BIOS version are you running?
>>

> BIOS has version 1.6.0 and iDrac has 1.40.40, servers were updated with Life Cycle Controller few weeks ago and still expose the problem. I haven't found interesting settings to play with in the BIOS.
>
> This Dell generation got even better UEFI integration but we're using BIOS boot with OmniOS. I wonder if the bug could be related with UEFI since reset() implements specific routines for it.

Does programmatic ungraceful reboot work or also hang?
See the "uadmin" command for flags, I think the reboot
would be "uadmin 1 2"...

This should be basically a hook into the kernel routine
that ends the kernel's work, so you can see quickly if
it works. Stop all worthy processes beforehand :)

HTH,
//Jim