[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS Questions. Is a bug ?

"Daniel D. Gonçalves" daniel at dgnetwork.com.br
Fri Aug 30 18:26:26 UTC 2013

My ZFS POOL is over a month doing RESILVER in LOOP thus ending one
RESILVER after a few minutes, another starts.
The replace command is never finished, did three days ago subsitution of
a device, and it never ends:
           mirror-3       DEGRADED     0     0    28
             c17t20d1     ONLINE       0     0    28
             replacing-1  DEGRADED    28     0     0
               c17t22d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t13d1   ONLINE       0     0    28 (resilvering)

In the mirror belowI would like to remove all devices with status
UNAVAIL and do a replace again for a correct device, but the commands
OFFLINE, REMOVE, DETACH not work:
           mirror-1       DEGRADED 28     0     0
             c17t24d1     ONLINE       0     0    28 (resilvering)
             replacing-1  UNAVAIL      0     0     0 insufficient replicas
               c17t22d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t12d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t21d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open

My entire POOL:
pool: STORAGE01
  state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered.  The pool will
         continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
   scan: resilver in progress since Fri Aug 30 14:42:42 2013
     530G scanned out of 18.4T at 227M/s, 23h1m to go
     62.1G resilvered, 2.80% done
config:

         NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         STORAGE01        DEGRADED    14     0    16
           mirror-0       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t15d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t19d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-1       DEGRADED    28     0     0
             c17t24d1     ONLINE       0     0    28 (resilvering)
             replacing-1  UNAVAIL      0     0     0 insufficient replicas
               c17t22d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t12d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t21d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
           mirror-2       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t18d1     ONLINE       0     0     0 (resilvering)
             c17t17d1     ONLINE       0     0     0 (resilvering)
           mirror-3       DEGRADED     0     0    32
             c17t20d1     ONLINE       0     0    32
             replacing-1  DEGRADED    32     0     0
               c17t22d1   UNAVAIL      0     0     0 cannot open
               c17t13d1   ONLINE       0     0    32 (resilvering)
           mirror-5       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t25d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t27d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-6       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t26d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t28d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-7       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t29d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t31d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-8       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t32d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t30d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
           mirror-9       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t23d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
             c17t14d1     ONLINE       0     0     0
         logs
           mirror-4       ONLINE       0     0     0
             c14t1d0      ONLINE       0     0     0
             c14t3d0      ONLINE       0     0     0
         cache
           c14t4d0        ONLINE       0     0     0

Need urgent help to solve this. I believe it is a bug in ZFS.

Thanks,

Daniel