[OmniOS-discuss] group membership trouble (ngroups_max)

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Jun 10 18:42:03 EDT 2013

On 6/10/2013 2:44 PM, Ira Cooper wrote:

> If it is the "sort" and you're getting the data from setgroups.  I wrote
> a patch for that today, it came up on the samba-technical list.
>
> If it is NFS not doing things right, or other things... that's a whole
> 'nother ball of wax.  What application is triggering this?

It's really an underlying issue in the base OS; you can work around it
for a particular application by overriding the setgroups libc call to
make it sort the groups before setting them (I actually did that for
samba under S10), but the root cause fix needs to be in the OS to
account for cases such as over NFS where you don't really have a way to
get in between the OS and the group list.