[OmniOS-discuss] Boot failure

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Jun 12 20:41:46 EDT 2013

On 6/12/2013 12:42 PM, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
> I do my development on illumos-omnios.  It is so remarkably close to
> illumos-gate that I even generate my webrevs from the "upstream" branch
> of that (which is illumos-gate master).  If it doesn't something that
> hasn't changed between the two, I leave it at that.  If there's a
> questions, I'll ask someone with an OI box to build it.

Cool, I took a quick look through

http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BuildInstructions

and that seems a lot simpler than what I remember doing to get my OI box
to work :).

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Did I misunderstand Garrett when he said there were a couple of
components of illumos-gate that simply wouldn't compile under omnios, or
does omnios-build just skip them?