[OmniOS-discuss] slow system

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Fri Jun 21 09:53:51 EDT 2013

Hi Felix,
This sounds like the characteristics of a dedup table (DDT) that will
not fit in RAM.  The consequences this produces are well-documented
and can be found easily via Google.  Constantin Gonzalez has a pretty
good summary here:
http://constantin.glez.de/blog/2011/07/zfs-dedupe-or-not-dedupe

Your options are basically: wait it out It will eventually grind
through all the DDT de-referencing of the freed blocks, or destroy the
pool and start over.

You've learned the hard way that dedup has a dark side.  :)
Eric