[OmniOS-discuss] slow system

Felix Nielsen felix.nielsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 09:10:51 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I am new to the omnios system, but have been using nexenta for a while.

I have an HP Z800 workstation, 96GB ram, integrated LSI controller with IT
firmware, 6 x 2TB SAS 7200 disks, 2 x 750GB OS mirror, 1 x SSD ARC 160GB
Intel, 1 x OZ SSD for ZIL - OmniOS and napp-it to handle the ZFS functions.

I started to replicate some snapshots from my Nexenta - 5-8TB in total, and
I was playing around with compression, dedup to see what gain I would get.

Then suddenly it took for ever to destroy and create new zfs filesystems,
and replication was really slow.

So I deleted all my replicated volumes and rebooted the system - nothing
happened, so I was watching the console and it took 4100 sec to shutdown,
and then it started file system sync, which I am not sure how long will
take.

What could be the issue?

Thanks