[OmniOS-discuss] Bonding Nics

Ben Summers ben at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 10:16:22 EDT 2013

On 24 Jun 2013, at 15:00, Ram Chander <ramquick at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have  below 4 interfaces connected two switch. I want to create bonding where bnx0, bnx1 group are  active and failsover to bnx2, bnx3 group when primary switch is down.
> Please help on how to create using ipmp.
>
>  bnx0 + bnx1 ( interfaces are connected to primary switch A )
>
>  bnx2 + bnx3 (  interfaces are connected to secondary switch B)

You have to use the old-school Solaris networking config rather than dladm & ipadm.

Here's an example config, for a host called "phy5". You'll need to tweak the addresses and which of the interfaces you're using.

It's slightly complicated because the 'dmz' subnet is small, so we use another overlap subnet for the test addresses.

Ben

cat >> /etc/hosts <<EOF
10.11.0.175 phy5
10.88.0.175     phy5p loghost
10.88.0.15  phy5pt1
10.88.0.25  phy5pt3
10.99.0.15    phy5t0
10.99.0.25    phy5t2
EOF

cat >> /etc/inet/netmasks <<EOF
10.11.0.160 255.255.255.224
10.88.0.0 255.255.255.0
10.99.0.0 255.255.255.0
EOF

echo "ipmp phy5 up" > /etc/hostname.dmz0
echo "ipmp phy5p up" > /etc/hostname.private0

echo "phy5t0 netmask + broadcast + -failover group dmz0 up" > /etc/hostname.bnx0
echo "phy5t2 netmask + broadcast + -failover group dmz0 standby up" > /etc/hostname.bnx2
echo "phy5pt1 netmask + broadcast + -failover group private0 up" > /etc/hostname.bnx1
echo "phy5pt3 netmask + broadcast + -failover group private0 standby up" > /etc/hostname.bnx3

echo 10.11.0.161 > /etc/defaultrouter

init 6

--
http://bens.me.uk