[OmniOS-discuss] kernel smb server SPNEGO support

Nuno Diogo nuno at diogonet.com
Tue Jun 25 19:06:51 UTC 2013

Gurus,
When I attempt to access a share via FQDN I get "The account is not
authorized to log in from this station" error message.  When accessing via
IP or host name everything works as expected.
I've read that there's an ongoing bug (sing 2009?) regarding SPNEGO support
in the built in smb server.(https://www.illumos.org/issues/1122) which
causes this.

Is this still being worked on?
Also, are there plans to keep the built in SMB server component up to date
with MS implementations? (SMB v2.1 and v3 etc)

Thank you for all for what is now my go to server OS (can't beat ZFS with
built in NFS/SMB sharing for ESX datastores!)