[OmniOS-discuss] cannot remove temp dir

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu May 9 18:58:49 EDT 2013

On 5/9/2013 1:50 PM, Matthieu Paindavoine wrote:

> I used the ghc-7.0.3 binary distribution available on www.haskell.org to
> bootstrap the ghc-7.4.2 source distribution, and it compiled successfully.
> I then installed cabal with the bootstrap.sh (--global) script found in
> the cabal-install source, and it installed fine too, and suggested I
> upgrade to the latest version available with 'cabal install --global
> cabal-install', that's when it started turning sour (the build log I
> included in my previous mail).

I didn't see a solaris binary distribution on the site at first glance,
nor a separate tarball for cabal.

Would you mind posting a step-by-step list of how to get to the point
where you had the problem so I could try and reproduce it? Something
along the lines of "download http://xxxxx/, run yyyy, download
http:/zzzzz, run wwww", etc? I'm sure I could work it out, but while I
am curious about the underlying filesystem problem you're encountering,
I must confess I'm not particularly interested in haskell :).