[OmniOS-discuss] cannot remove temp dir

Matthieu Paindavoine ctordtor at yahoo.fr
Thu May 9 19:11:26 EDT 2013

Sure,
here are the steps:

Install a 'bloody' OmniOS from DVD.
Update system with pkg refresh and image-update
Install developer packages
pfexec pkg install \ developer/gcc47 \ developer/object-file \ developer/linker \ developer/library/lint \ developer/build/gnu-make \ system/header \ system/library/math/header-math \ archiver/gnu-tar
update path to include /opt/gcc-4.7.2
download binary distribution of ghc-7.0.3 and install in /opt/ghc-7.0.3:

#> wget http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.0.3/maeder/ghc-7.0.3-i386-unknown-solaris2.tar.bz2
#> gtar jxvpf ghc-7.0.3-i386-unknown-solaris2.tar.bz2
#> mkdir /opt/ghc-7.0.3
#> cd ghc-7.0.3
#> ./configure --prefix=/opt/ghc-7.0.3
#> make install

update path and ld_library_path
download source distribution of ghc-7.4.2 and install in /opt/ghc-7.4.2:

#> wget http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.4.2/ghc-7.4.2-src.tar.bz2
#> gtar jxvpf ghc-7.4.2-src.tar.bz2
#> mkdir /opt/ghc-7.4.2
#> cd ghc-7.4.2
#> ./configure --prefix=/opt/ghc-7.4.2
#> make install

update path and ld_library_path
download cabal-install and execute bootstrap.sh:

#> wget http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-install-0.14.0/cabal-install-0.14.0.tar.gz
#> gtar zxvpf cabal-install-0.14.0.tar.gz
#> cd cabal-install-0.14.0
#> chmod u+x bootstrap.sh
#> ./bootstrap.sh --global

update path and ld_library_path
#> cabal install --global cabal-install => Fail