[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X9DR6-F and intel i350 addin NICs

Ales ales at ovca.be
Mon May 27 13:48:58 EDT 2013

Hey guys,

I'm playing around with a new server and two of the NICS (one dual port
and one quad) are using the i350 intel chipset.

This is where things get strange, I can see the onboard cards

prtconf -D | grep pci15d9,1521

             pci15d9,1521, instance #0 (driver name: igb)

             pci15d9,1521, instance #1 (driver name: igb)

  dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
igb0         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb0
igb1         Ethernet             up         1000   full      igb1

lspci | grep -i ethernet
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 01)
02:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 01)

But the two addin cards are nowhere to be seen.

This is a supermicro server with one intel xeon E5-2609 and X9DR6-F
motherboard.

Any pointers?

-------
Had to resend the message, my client ate the previous one ;)