[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X9DR6-F and intel i350 addin NICs

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon May 27 15:00:33 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 07:48:58PM +0200, Ales wrote:

> But the two addin cards are nowhere to be seen.
>
> This is a supermicro server with one intel xeon E5-2609 and X9DR6-F
> motherboard.

Isn't that a dual proc board? Some boards need both processors installed
for all the slots to work. Are you sure the slots you're using work with
whichever socket you have your single processor in?

There was also a thread recently about a X9DRW-7TPF+ board on which the
four slots on CPU2 wouldn't work,

http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-April/000732.html

the root cause there was that illumos wasn't recognizing the PCI bridge
on CPU2. As far as I know that issue has not yet been resolved. I don't
know if it applies to your board.