[OmniOS-discuss] Overheating faults with ST4000NM0023

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Tue Apr 22 17:15:48 UTC 2014

skiselkov.ml at gmail.com said:
> Sadly, I had no luck with either lsiutil or sg_write_buffer from sg3-utils.
> lsiutil is only for older MPT HBAs (I have an MPT 2.0 one) and
> sg_write_buffer fails with the following error:
> . . .
> Staring at the code near usr/src/uts/i86pc/io/rootnex.c:3305, this means that
> the driver can't submit a DMA job this large, which means that I can't really
> fix this at all (this is really way outside of my field).
>
> Any ideas on what to do next?

Have any of you tried the "fwflash" utility (comes with OmniOS, oi151a7, etc.)?
When I do "fwflash -l" it does list out the Seagate 2TB and 4TB drives on a
couple of our systems here (multipath enabled).  I don't have any drives
needing firmware updates, so haven't tested out that functionality yet.

Regards,

Marion