[OmniOS-discuss] Overheating faults with ST4000NM0023

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Wed Apr 23 18:25:45 UTC 2014

I can confirm the disks are fine.  Getting around FMA is darn near
impossible from the information I've collected.

I attached the disks to another server still running OmniOS, but disable
FMA  service before doing so.   I then flashed 0004 firmware to these
disks.   Upon reboot the original server now sees the disks just fine.

There has to be a way to "un-retire" disks so they can be flashed, but I
have not found such a way.

-Chip