[OmniOS-discuss] Hang on Dell R710 with r151004?

steve at linuxsuite.org steve at linuxsuite.org
Mon Apr 28 15:27:47 UTC 2014

  Hi,

           I have 2 Dell R710's as a ZFS storage that are running r151004.
About every 2 or 3 weeks
they will hang with all services unresponsive and must be power cycled. I
do not
suspect hardware as it happens on both machines and hardware worked fine
with other OS's.

         Both systems use the mpt_sas driver. I noticed that there have been
many updates to mpt_sas since r151004. Not knowing the specifics of the
driver issue, is it possible that there is a bug that is causing system
hangs?

        Or could this be some kind of resource starvation?

       I disabled ata driver as it was logging some errors around "hang
time" and is not required after install, but now system hangs
without any logged errors.

        Ideas?

        Will upgrading to r151006 or r151008 fix this?

        thanx - steve