[OmniOS-discuss] Hang on Dell R710 with r151004?

steve at linuxsuite.org steve at linuxsuite.org
Mon Apr 28 17:21:31 UTC 2014

>   Hi,
>
>            I have 2 Dell R710's as a ZFS storage that are running r151004.
> About every 2 or 3 weeks
> they will hang with all services unresponsive and must be power cycled. I
> do not

   Hmm... read something about cstates on dell r710's....

root at blahblah:~# kstat |grep current_cstate; kstat |grep
supported_max_cstates
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  0
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  3
        current_cstate                  3
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2
        supported_max_cstates           2

         Is this an issue? Do cstates need to be disabled in BIOS??

        thanx - steve