[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] overriding serial port IRQ

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Feb 3 21:40:44 UTC 2014

Pretty sure. Linux works okay on ttyS2 (COM3) with the irq overridden to 10. I also see the first bit of booting under omnios with the console set to ttyc, and I also see "rebooting" on the serial console when I reboot. The behavior is very similar to a problem I had with openbsd and the SOL console when it was using the wrong irq, it would print out like 16 characters or so until the buffer was full and then hang waiting for an interrupt that never came.

> Also, echo ::interrupts | mdb -k should show the current assignments.

Arg, looks like it didn't get the override after all:

CPU/Vect  IRQ IPL Bus    Trg Type   Share APIC/INT# ISR
10/0x20   3   5   ISA    Edg Fixed  1     0x0/0x3   asyintr
11/0x20   4   5   ISA    Edg Fixed  2     0x0/0x4   asyintr
11/0x20   4   5   ISA    Edg Fixed  2     0x0/0x4   asyintr

I've seen some other examples for asy.conf that look more like:

name="asy" class="sysbus" interrupts=12,10 reg=0x3e8,0,0 ioaddr=0x3e8;

As opposed to the one I have now:

name="asy" parent="isa" reg=1,0x3e8,8 interrupts=10;

I'm not sure if that was for an older version of Solaris though…