[OmniOS-discuss] Where to Run Omni

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Feb 3 23:34:46 UTC 2014

The omnios installer itself has a log, do you cross your fingers when you
use it? I really don't think you can correlate "something creates a log you
can look at in case something goes wrong" with "something is likely to go
wrong". I haven't had any problems with it, but if somebody doesn't like how
it works out for them, they're more than welcome to a full refund ;).

> understand that this is more flexible than just running stuff in a
> screen, but if you were willing to go to such lengths to create this
> script, what's the problem with fixing the installer to simply prompt
> for some of these options in the first place?

I think you overestimate considerably how much time I put into whipping up
this little workaround. I can't imagine it took more than 30 minutes all
told. Good luck reengineering the text based installer in that timeframe
8-/.

Dunno, it scratched my itch, I know of at least a couple of other people it
worked out for, and if somebody gets a good chuckle out of making fun of it,
I suppose that's better than nothing.