[OmniOS-discuss] Pliant/Sandisk SSD ZIL

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Wed Feb 19 02:41:13 UTC 2014

Derek Yarnell wrote:
> I realize that they may not be as good as Stec/HGST ZeusRAM drives for
> the slog.  I still can't wrap my head around that it is as bad as having
> no discrete slog.

Hi Derek,

No better than with the ZIL running on the pool's HDD's?  Really?

Out of curiosity, what HBA is being used for these drives (and slog)
in this R720xd, H710 or H310?  Something else?

I'm also looking at the R720xd here, though I was thinking of using the
Intel DC S3700 SSD for a log device (in one of the internal flex-bay's),
with the pool drives being of the 2.5" form-factor.

Regards,

Marion