[OmniOS-discuss] Performance Issues

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Thu Feb 20 19:24:50 UTC 2014

> I will try that as soon as I can take down the array.  10 Gbit on one
> array shouldn't need more than 2 new CPU cores eh?

Well, it might or it might not.  You'd have to know for sure that even if
it does, the guest is multi-threaded enough to take advantage of them.
Note that if you give too many cores to a guest, vsphere can have problems
scheduling the guest, so latency and performance in general might suck.
If you run with two cores and performance is not good enough, look at how
much CPU is being used...