[OmniOS-discuss] r151008 ipkg zone attach problems

Steffen Kram sk at kram.io
Tue Jan 7 12:51:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

beside this fix I’m still having problems re-attaching my zone. I just upgraded the global zone to r151008f. So I already got the fixed versions:

root at hume:~# pkg info package/pkg
...       FMRI: pkg://omnios/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.151008:20131230T201906Z
root at hume:~# pkg info system/zones/brand/ipkg
...       FMRI: pkg://omnios/system/zones/brand/ipkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.151008:20131230T201908Z

Next I tried to update one of my non-global zones using the zoneadm attach -u command:

root at hume:~# zoneadm -z telford attach -u
Log File: /var/tmp/telford.attach_log.hmaqMh
               Attach Path: /zones/telford/root
        Attach ZFS Dataset: cairngorm/zones/telford/ROOT/zbe-2

                Installing: Using pre-existing data in zonepath
       Global zone version: entire at 11,5.11-0.151008:20131205T195242Z
   Non-Global zone version: entire at 11,5.11-0.151006:20130507T204959Z
                     Cache: Using /var/pkg/publisher.
  Updating non-global zone: Output follows
Creating Plan
ERROR: Could not update attaching zone
                    Result: Attach Failed.

It did fail because of

[ 7. Januar 2014 13:42:55 CET]   Updating non-global zone: Output follows
pkg set-publisher: The origin URIs for 'omnios' do not appear to point to a valid pkg repository.
Please verify the repository's location and the client's network configuration.
Additional details:

Unable to contact valid package repository
Encountered the following error(s):
Unable to contact any configured publishers.
This is likely a network configuration problem.
Framework error: code: 7 reason: Failed connect to localhost:10000; Connection refused

pkg set-publisher: The origin URIs for 'uulm.mawi' do not appear to point to a valid pkg repository.
Please verify the repository's location and the client's network configuration.
Additional details:

Unable to contact valid package repository
Encountered the following error(s):
Unable to contact any configured publishers.
This is likely a network configuration problem.
Framework error: code: 7 reason: Failed connect to localhost:10000; Connection refused

pkg install: The following pattern(s) did not match any allowable packages.  Try
using a different matching pattern, or refreshing publisher information:

        entire at 11,5.11-0.151008:20131205T195242Z
[ 7. Januar 2014 13:43:05 CET] ERROR: Could not update attaching zone
[ 7. Januar 2014 13:43:08 CET]                     Result: Attach Failed.

However, there was never a pkg publisher configured on localhost:10000 for this zone.

I am able to upgrade and boot the zone when preforming the update from the global zone using

zoneadm -R /zones/telford/root update

and attaching the zone afterwards. In this case the publisher information in the non-global zone is empty and I have to re-add the omnios default publisher manually.

Cheers,
Steffen