[OmniOS-discuss] r151008 ipkg zone attach problems

sergey ivanov sergey57 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:45:59 UTC 2014

I had similar problem.
I do not see "update" verb in zoneadm command. I think "pkg -R
<zonepath>/root update" was used for upgrading detached zones.
For me it did not work initially. All detached zones had empty list of
publishers. So, to workaround the problem, the needed steps were the
following:
1. Recreate package publishers, that is,  for all publishers do
---
pkg -R <zonepath>/root set-publisher -g
http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/releaseomnios
---
2. Update zone image
---
pkg -R <zonepath>/root update
---
3. Attach the zone
---
zoneadm -z <zonename> attach
---
When I've tried after 1-st step, instead of updating packages from global
zone just attaching with '-u', all publishers were unset immediately.
--
  Regards,
  Sergey Ivanov.

Regards,