[OmniOS-discuss] kayak bugs, r151008j

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Wed Jan 15 14:24:48 UTC 2014

patches welcome.

The access.log is generated via the anonymous dtrace
script: anon.dtrace.conf (check the makefile for more info).

The method isn't perfect, but it gets a ton of low hanging fruit.  Any
additional stuff can just be manually added to a data file (I'd suggest
data/known_extras).  The build_image.sh script just does:

load_keep_list data/*

to pull in a list of files to not delete from the miniroot.  Should be
simple enough to add in all the files that need to be there.  Also, someone
is welcome to try to run a new install with the anonymous dtrace function
and catch the access.log.  It's a bit more work, but it hasn't been done
since 151002.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Lauri Tirkkonen <lotheac at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14 2014 15:54:21 +0000, Sean Doran wrote:
> > Thirdly, the miniroot’s /kayak/disk_help.sh will bomb at line 124:
> >
> >  log "Creating rpool with: zpool create -f rpool $ztype $ztgt"
> >  zpool create -f rpool $ztype $ztgt || bomb "Failed to create rpool”
> >
> > because zpool create complains about not being able to share rpool in
> the absence of shareadm(1M).
>
> I'm currently building a kayak miniroot of my own due to needing to
> include a non-redistributable NIC driver and also ran into this. The
> root cause is that libshare needs libxml2, which is dropped from the
> miniroot: in the kayak repo data/access.log includes a libxml2.so.2.9.0,
> but the current version is libxml2.so.2.9.1 and that gets dropped. I
> don't know how this 'access.log' was generated, but I'm thinking it
> should be regenerated :)
>
> --
> Lauri Tirkkonen | +358 50 5341376 | lotheac @ IRCnet

Theo Schlossnagle