[OmniOS-discuss] igb0 'hangs'

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Sun Jan 19 16:26:12 UTC 2014

I just had an odd thing happening to my r151008 server. It suddenly
stopped communicating over its igb0 interface ...

Upon further investigation I found:

a) several KVM guests talking over the same physical interface were
   still happily chatting

b) logging into the guests and trying to reach the server over that
   route did not work either.

c) accessing the server via the hardware console revealed that it
   was working and did not seem to realize that igb0 was having a
   problem. At least dmesg did not show anyithing interesting.

   once I did

   # ipadm down-addr igb0/v4static
   # ipadm up-addr igb0/v4static

   the interface started working again ...