[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS HBA Brocade 815 hardware compatibilty

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jan 20 16:03:30 UTC 2014

On Jan 20, 2014, at 7:56 AM, Martin Dojcak <martin at dojcak.sk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have experience with Brocade 815, Single Port 8Gb Fibre
> Channel HBA card (or brocade 8XX) under OmniOS or Illumos ? The HCL of
> illumos does not contain a definition for brocade hardware. We want to
> use (buy) this card with dell PowerEdge R420. Brocade has adapter driver
> package for solaris 10 and 11 but at the moment we dont have brocade FC
> card. So it is impossible to verify installation.

It is possible the S11 binary will work with OmniOS, BUT it would be impossible for us (or any other Illumos vendor) to properly support it.

I just visited the Brocade adapter site, and it seems they've sold their adapter business to QLogic.  In the past (during the OpenSolaris days) QLogic had open-sourceable drivers.  Perhaps they can and will do the same.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance,