[OmniOS-discuss] Illumos and Infiniband

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 18:50:27 UTC 2014

On 1/29/14, 6:38 PM, Chris Zembower wrote:
> Please don't lecture me on the merits of 10GbE/FC over Infiniband, I've
> heard it all. :-)

You're not alone in your appreciation of IB's brute strength. As for why
stuff isn't happening, my guess is lack of manpower - we're a really
small community and people work on what they like, plus what they can
get their hands on (and IB gear is a little exotic). That being said,
I'd love to have a mature and up-to-date IB stack on Illumos that could
be used in production. It's sorely needed.

Cheers,
--
Saso