[OmniOS-discuss] [OmniOS] Two problem for set a zfs dataset in a zone

Zach Malone zmalone at omniti.com
Fri Jan 31 16:29:26 UTC 2014

Hello,
I don't have much experience with delegating a zfs volume instead of
just a data set to a zone, but I believe the "add dataset" method
you've used second probably won't work, as that's how you add a
regular zfs filesystem.

http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-January/000413.html
sounds like exactly the same issue though.

Going back to the last time I needed a zvol inside a zone, I think I
might have tried creating the zvol on a dataset that had been
delegated to the zone already, and mounted/delegated the parent
dataset to the zone normally.  The dataset would have then been
created by the zone, rather then the gz.
--Zach Malone