[OmniOS-discuss] usb hid ups monitoring

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Mon Jun 2 07:41:04 UTC 2014

I was actually going to suggest you to try the apcupsd software if you have problems with the other ones.
And also, those serial cables are extremely simple, I made one with some loose wires held together with sticky tape and soldered to serial plugs. I cannot even call it "cable".
I am monitoring a Smart UPS 700 via serial and apcupsd and I can also check UPS load, temperature, ...

What are the advantages of the NUT and sntp you mentioned over apcupsd?

Regards,
Olaf Marzocchi