[OmniOS-discuss] usb hid ups monitoring

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Jun 4 02:04:21 UTC 2014

Sheesh. I'm still curious if this is a deficiency on the libusb side or the illumos usb api side, maybe someday when I have the time I will follow up on the developer list.

> Yes and yes, the change is lost at reboot. I never got it to stick so I
> had to run it on boot every time before nut started. Otherwise the
> driver would not work.

That's interesting, the threads I read (which I think were about Solaris 10) indicated you needed a reboot to make it work, whereas you say it worked immediately but stopped working after a reboot 8-/. Oh well, I'm just going to run the serial cable at this point and worry about illumos usb issues another day :).

Thanks…