[OmniOS-discuss] Any "bloody" users in the audience? ISC DHCP

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 4 15:17:24 UTC 2014

I'm close (1-2 weeks) to pushing ISC DHCP into the "bloody" OmniOS repo.

I'm concerned, having little operational experience with this daemon beyond simple home-network configurations, that I'm not getting some of the SMF interfaces right.

The package will deliver four SMF services:

	network/service/dhcp:ipv4
	network/service/dhcp:ipv6
	network/service/dhcrelay:ipv4
	network/service/dhcrelay:ipv6

The dhcrelay services will have required service properties that need filling in.  It's POSSIBLE I'm missing some things.

I would appreciate if there are "bloody" users in the audience who want to start serving ISC DHCP letting me know.  I'd like some real operational experience on this before ISC DHCP lands in the next stable release.

Thanks,
Dan McD. -- OmniOS engineering