[OmniOS-discuss] i217 driver

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 18 20:51:50 UTC 2014

On Jun 18, 2014, at 2:40 PM, Brogyányi József <brogyi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan
>
> Thank you for your quick respond. You're right I found as a e1000g. Unfortunately the kernel not recognize it or I have to set manually.
> When I issued the ifconfig command then I didn't see any "e1000g0" line or "igb0".
> What is the next step?

You have to plumb the interface.

First step is to see what datalinks you have available:

	dladm show-link

You *should* see an e1000g0.  If that's the case, you'll need to configure it.

Old-school is with ifconfig(1M) and /etc/hostname.e1000g0 files.

New-school is with ipadm(1M).

Before we go down either of those paths, see if dladm shows you anything.