[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Help setting up a boot server

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Tue Jun 24 09:20:49 UTC 2014

-----Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> skrev: -----
Till: Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>
Från: Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk>
Datum: 2014-06-24 11:04
Ärende: Re: Ang: [OmniOS-discuss] Help setting up a boot server

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 10:55:20 +0200
Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:

> I do that already, but in another way.
>
> It seems you want a Linux desktop environment, right?
>
> So what I do is to run a Linux LTSP server as a KVM virtual machine
> in omnios. And that takes care of everything you need...

Thanks but I'd rather do it with native software.

I already have a Linux machine inside KVM.  The thin client just runs
an X server which XDMCPs to the Linux machine.

Michael.

You can of coarse use the omnios dhcp/tftp servers, but why not use PXE? Isn't that easier than etherboot?

Rgrds Johan