[OmniOS-discuss] ISC DHCP for OmniOS -> how compatible?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jun 25 20:10:42 UTC 2014

Anyone here who uses "bloody" repos has noticed that I put in an initial package for the ISC DHCP server and DHCP relay. It's sketchy right now, there are SMF services, but with very few SMF service properties (which would correspond to command-line options).

Currently both Oracle Solaris and OpenIndiana have ISC DHCP with a set of SMF service properties.  Would it be safe for me to assume that people here would like to see the OmniOS version's SMF options match those in OI and Oracle Solaris?  Or do people here really not care what we do?

Please respond, I'd like to get a feel from the community.

Thanks,
Dan McD. - OmniOS Engineering