[OmniOS-discuss] ISC DHCP for OmniOS -> how compatible?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Jun 25 21:29:47 UTC 2014

Hi Dan!

> "OI manifest" == "Oracle Solaris manifest".
>
> I'd have chosen differently in some cases, but what do I know.  Also, I do
> have issues with their defaults.
>
> I'm thinking I'll go with the names (for compatibility), but I may change
> the defaults (for least-surprise w.r.t. people migrating from their own ISC
> DHCP deployments).

Thanks for taking the time to consider all this.  I personally believe
that most people will migrate from the Sun DHCP server to ISC, rather
than from ISC on a non-Solaris-based platform.  So similarity to the
other members of the Solaris family would be helpful.

OTOH nobody keeps you from changing defaults if you do the work. :-)

Regards --Volker