[OmniOS-discuss] flock from RHEL7 client to OmniOS

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Jun 29 04:17:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:33:25PM -0400, Derek Yarnell wrote:

> Well my problem is that createrepo uses it for whatever reason
[..]
>                     raise MDError, _("Could not create exclusive lock in
> %s and sqlite database generation enabled. Is this path on nfs? Is your
> lockd running?") % direc

Given they explicitly call out running on nfs as a reason it might fail,
maybe it would be a good idea not to ;).

Just as a sanity check, are you sure rpc.statd and rpc.lockd are both
running? Hmm, I don't see a separate lockd process anymore on RHEL6,
but does lsmod show the lockd module? Is the nfslock service configured
to start at boot?

If you're got a red hat contract, they've got a page for 5.5 lock issues
up at:

https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/43001

Some of it might still be relevant.