[OmniOS-discuss] HEADS UP: omnios-build Packages now build with pkgdepend

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jun 30 14:56:21 UTC 2014

Thanks to lotheac's pull request (#40), starting now, if you build OmniOS packages from the master (aka. bloody) branch, pkgdepend will be run prior to package publication.

Here's lotheac's commit:

	https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/commit/19e0c6b5ad3e819dc66359277a66105a6db81ba1

and here's my followup to correct hiccups in code I don't control:

	https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/commit/1ff18471aa18300bb912cfcc7bf7c419a12ae27e

The changes in my followup are the equivalent of lint-suppression directives in illumos-omnios source.  Generally, these are discouraged, unless the source (or compiled binaries) has third-party provenance, or other strange properties (like a unix binary in kayak).

There's a good chance the next update to bloody will replace the whole wad of packages.  This will mean a longer upgrade time, of course, but it will mean all of the packages were built with pkgdepend.

Thanks, and FYI,
Dan McD. -- OmniOS Engineering