[OmniOS-discuss] Bug: OmniOS r151008j terminates iSCSI initiator too early in shutdown

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Mar 8 21:35:37 UTC 2014

I wrote:
|  As far as I can tell from simply looking at things right now, even
| an orderly shutdown on an OmniOS system will not avoid this.

 I should clarify that: 'on a normal, stock setup OmniOS system'.
You can of course add SMF jobs to import and export ZFS pools and then
shim them into the dependency order, but an out of the box OmniOS system
does not do this right.

(I'm not convinced it's ever possible to do it right without the
administrator having to explicitly configure things, but maybe there's a
way to make all of the magic work if the right SMF jobs were present by
default.)

	- cks