[OmniOS-discuss] IBM micron ssd

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Sat May 31 10:03:47 UTC 2014

Hi!

I've seen some Micron 1.8-inch 64 GB SSD's around, that is supposed to be enterprise class. They're called Micron RealSSD P400e, and come in different sizes.

IBM sells them with IBM brand for their servers.

They apparently use the Marvell 9174 SATA 6Gb/s controller and 25 nm MLC NAND, and is, according to Micron, "equipped with firmware designed for read-heavy enterprise workloads, including 28% over-provisioning and data protection via memory path error correction".

So I wonder if anyone on this list has any knowledge about these drives, and if the controller is compatible with omnios?

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert