[OmniOS-discuss] Time zone for Quebec, Canada

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Wed Oct 1 17:43:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> You should speak to IANA.  They maintain these.

What do you want me to ask them? They seems to have it right.

>From here: http://home.kpn.nl/vanadovv/time/Multizones.html#ca

You can read:

*Québec Eastern time, UTC-5, DST  Most of Québec*, West of 63° W. This
includes the part of the Minganie region that is East of 63° W and it
includes the whole of Île d'Anticosti.

Other sources also confirms this. Most of Quebec honors DST.

I don't know how OmniOS pulls the data from IANA, but somehow you're
pulling it wrong. Somehow OmniOS seems to think most of Quebec is NOT DST.

Agree that's not a huge issue but it does make OmniOS installer a bit
less enjoyable.
If it's something that can easily be fixed that be great.

Thanks

Simon