[OmniOS-discuss] how many HBAs my system have ?

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Fri Oct 3 17:26:58 UTC 2014

On Oct 3, 2014, at 6:25 AM, Fábio Rabelo <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br> wrote:

> How can I check how many HBA controlres do I have connected in a
> system, if this system are in a ( very ) remote location, and I just
> have SSH available ?
>
> prtconf -v returns too many noise !
>
> prtconv -v  |grep  RAID returns only one line ...
>
> There is an easy way ?

As previously mentioned, sasinfo shows the number of SAS HBAs and their connectivity
to enclosures and ultimately disks.

Most systems also have one or more SATA HBAs, which use a different driver and needs a
different tool.

If you have a RAID HBA, then it could be using the mr_sas driver, with a different tool.

"prtconf -D" shows the device tree with driver attachments, which is sometimes reliably
scriptable. The usual driver names are mpt_sas, mr_sas, mpt, ahci, pci-ide
 -- richard